Saturday, August 16, 2008

Personal Story


This is Veronica Ernest. From the time I met my husband to the day my first child was born I had gained about 100 pounds. I couldn't move or breath and I didn't like the way I looked. I wanted to be able to play with my son so I decided to lose weight. I lost about 35 pounds in a year and a half on my own then, I joined weight watchers. I learned to eat healthy and exercise and I lost 18 pounds in ten weeks. I got pregnant with my second child and gained 40 pounds. Six weeks after she was born I joined weight watchers again. I've lost my baby weight plus 20 pounds, and I've kept it off. I'm not writting this because I I'm trying to get people to join weight watchers, I'm just saying it helped me.My friend, Rachel Page, told me about Zumba and after the first class I was hooked. I've been going to the classes about three times and week and doing other cycling and strengthening classes and my body has toned up and changed like I never thought possible. I feel so strong and I love my new muscles. I love the energy I have. I especially love the looks I get from people I haven't seen in awhile.I know people look at me and think that I've always looked this way and that I've always had this much energy but its not true. I've attached a before picture and you can see my after at Zumba!

2 comments:

Marti Christensen said...

Thank you for sharing. That is awesome and you do look fantastic. And, might I add, becoming quite a hip shaker. Don't think we don't notice when you gals get into the Zumba class and start adding your own style.

Pickle said...

Hey Veronica,

Very inspirational! Glad you love Zumba,look what I've brought into your life, Zumba and Vampries! You look great! Keep it up and please teach me how you shake your hips like that! -Rachel